“You are advised that I have already begun the process of suing the Anti-Defamation League for writing numerous false and defamatory articles about me and that you have republished one such article. You are not immune from suit in the United States for the republication of libel.
This is your notice required by Indiana law prior to suit that I intend to sue you, and the organizations sponsoring you, Congregation Emanu-El, 1461 Blanshard St., Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8W 2J3 and San Antonio Area Foundation Nizkor Fund, P.O. Box 120366, San Antonio, TX 78212-9566 for defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, misappropriation of name, and endangering the life and safety of myself and my family by republishing the ADL article about me on your website.
Remove it immediately. I expect an immediate full apology and retraction for being associated, falsely, by you and by implication, and by republication of falsehoods, with so-called ‘racists’ or ‘nazis.’
Linda Thompson to Ken McVay, July 4, 1996
Linda Thompson (Not to be confused with the English folksinger of the same name, who once recorded with her husband Richard…)
- Archives [page not ready]
ADL Reports on the Web: Will Ms. Thompson sue them all?
A brief listing of some of the sites offering ADL reports which Linda Thompson considers defamatory. [page not ready] If you would like to add your site to this list, obtain the files [page not ready], post them on your web pages, and send us the URL’s.
- Armed & Dangerous [broken link] (Victor Biro)
- The United States,
- An Update of Armed & Dangerous [broken link] (Office of International Criminal Justice, University of Illinois)
- Beyond the Bombing [broken link] (Steve Beikirch)
- July 3, 1996: Ms. Thompson alleges defamation [page not ready] and requests action
- July 5, 1996: the second exchange [page not ready]
- July 7, 1996: the third exchange [page not ready] – Ms. Thompson refers to Nizkor text as “tripe”.
- July 7, 1996: Confusion over time zones [page not ready], “Hmmmm”
- Oct. 12, 1996: Linda Thompson answers a few questions [broken link] from Steve Beikirch
To assist Ms. Thompson in her vigorous pursuit of “misappropriators” of her name, we thoughtfully offer the following offenders as legal grist for her mill… (If your site has misappropriated Ms. Thompson’s name, but is not yet on this list, you are duty-bound to turn yourself in by sending us the URL at once!)
- “Indiana boasts funky citizen number one, Linda Thompson…” [broken link]
- “Thompson promoted [broken link] (and later aborted) an armed march on Washington…”
- “People like self-annointed militia leaders Linda Thompson [broken link] and Mark Koernke…”
- “We learned that Attorney General Janet Reno [broken link] was frightened by Linda Thompson…”
- “(This was a reference to Linda Thompson’s [broken link] tiny April 3, 1993 ‘unorganized militia’ demonstration.)”
- “Thompson issued the ‘Thompson Ultimatum’ [broken link] demanding that Congress repeal the twentieth century…”
- “Parfrey … calls on Bo Gritz, Linda Thompson [broken link] and other prime movers in the burgeoning Patriot and Militia movements, now preparing for a second American Revolution.”
- “…Linda Thompson [broken link] calls for an armed march on Washington…”
- “…Linda Thompson, [broken link] a lawyer, rapidly began promoting conspiracy theories including UN armored vehicles heading to Los Angeles in anticipation of race riots.”
- The BATF Report on Militias [broken link], linked to a response by Ms. Thompson.
- “All militia units [broken link] will convene at 8:00 a.m., Monday, September 19,1994 in Washington, D.C., armed and in uniform…”
- U.S. Code Title 10, section 311, [broken link] with “Notes by Linda Thompson”
- Ms. Thompson is here mentioned in passing… [broken link]
- “Regarded as a paranoid nut [broken link] by the U.S. government (and even some militias), Ms. Thompson is an attorney…”
- Linda Thompson on Waco [broken link]
- “This is a note to me from Dr. Linda Thompson…” [broken link]
- AltaVista search [broken link], for the links we did not include…