“I, Alois Hoellriegl, being first duly sworn, declare I was a member of the Totenkopf S. S. and stationed at the Mauthausen concentration camp from January, 1940, until the end of the war. On one occasion, I believe it was in the fall of 1942, Ernst Kaltenbrunner visited Mauthausen. I was on guard duty at the time and saw him twice. He went down into the gas chamber with Ziereis, commandant of the camp, at a time when prisoners were being gassed. The sound accompanying the gassing operation was well known to me. I heard the gassing taking place while Kaltenbrunner was present.
I saw Kaltenbrunner come up from the gas cellar after the gassing operation had been completed.”
(Document 2753-PS, Nuremberg)
- Affidavit regarding gassing of prisoners [page not ready]
- Mauthausen: Liberation [page not ready] The United States Army made this film immediately following the liberation of Mauthausen. (RealVideo)
- Gusen FTP archives [page not ready]
- Mauthausen FTP archives [page not ready]
- Nizkor recommends this site, from Rudi Haunschmied