Office of Forensic Medicine
E 95 – 073
A. 1995-08-18, on demand of the Police Department of Gothenburg and Bohus an extended forensic autopsy was performed on the dead body of Hron, John.
The autopsy was performed by the undersigned at the Forensic Medicine Department in Gothenburg in the presence of autopsy assistant Christer Lindstrand.
The identity was evident from a nameplate attached to the right wrist.
B. The circumstances in the case are evident from a preliminary report from the Police Department of Gothenburgh and Bohus record nr K 82140-95, dated 1995-08-17.
56. Corresponding to skin damages on the chest and the shoulders there are small to moderate blackish-red bleedings in the corium. Corresponding to skin damages on the abdomen there is a small blackish red bleeding in the corium.
57. There are no extranous objects in the abdominal cavity. The interior is shining and smooth.
58. There are no extranous objects in the lung sack. The interior is shining and smooth.
59. There are no extranous objects in the heart sac. The interior is shining and smooth.
60. The heart is normal and weighs 340 gram. Its cover is shining and smooth. Beneath the cover there are scattered dot formed blackish red bleedings. The inner membrane is shining and smooth. There are no bleedings. The valves and openings are normal. In the walls of the corony vessels there are no strata. The heart muscle is greyish red and homogenous.
61. At the tip of the tongue and along the left edge of the tongue there are several at their largest 0,5 cm long and about 1 mm wide superficial wounds with ragged edges and blackish red bleedings.
62. The tongue bone and the larynx are intact. There are no bleedings in the mucous membranes or in the epiglottis or in the larynx. There are no bleedings in the mucous membranes in the lower part of the throat.
63. The size of the thyroid gland is normal. The tissue is uniform. There are no bleedings in the tissue. The tissue is greyish red and the colloid content is normal.
64. In the corium of the neck there are widely spread blackish red bleedings.
65. In the connective tissue in front of the neckEFs spine, around the big neck vessels, around the headEFs stay muscles and in the deep neck muscles there are cm-large blackish red bleedings. The big neck vessels are uncovered. There are no damages or bleedings in their walls.
66. At the left side of the nape there are blackish red bleedings in the corium. There are blackish red bleedings in the superficial muscles of the nape.
67. There is a waterthin contents in the oesophagus. It is lightly blood stained. The mucous membrane is pale.
68. In the tranchea there is an abundant quantity of froth. The mucous membranes are pale.
69. The right lung weighs 560 grams and the left lung weighs 505 grams. The lungs are strongly inflated and non-elastic. They meet at the fore centre line of the body. A cut leaves blodmixed clear press juice. The covers of the lungs are shining and smooth. Beneath the cover at the back of the lungs there are scattered about 1 cm large blackish red bleedings. Furthermore there are dot shaped blackish red bleedings. The tissue is greyish red. There are no condensations. The lymph glands at the root of the lungs are normal.
70. The lungs arteries and their ramifications are normal.
71. The diaphragm is normal.
72. The spleen weighs 165 grams. Its cover is shining and smooth. The tissue is greyish red. Its outline is clear.
73. The adrenal gland is normal. Its cortex is yellow.
74. The kidneys weighs in total 290 gram. Their surfaces are smooth. The tissue is greyish red. Their consistency is firm and elastic. Their outlines are clear.
75. The urinary tracts are normal.
76. In the urinary bladder there is about 100 ml light yellow, transparent urine. The mucous membrane is pale.
77. The prostate gland is normal. The tissue is pale.
78. In the gall bladder there is yellow-green bile. The bile duct is free.
79. The liver weighs 1680 grams. The surface is smooth. The tissue is greyish red. The consistency is firm, elastic. Its outline is clear. No fat emerges on the knife.
80. In the stomach there is about ca 400 ml normally colored, thin contents with formed food. No ruptures at the upper orifice.
81. In the duodenum and the small intestine there is a viscous greyish yellow contents. The mucous membrane is pale.
82. In the colon there is a normally colored contents. The mucous membrane is pale.
83. In the soft tissue to the fore of the pancreas and under the capsule of the pancreas there is a 8 x 8 x 0,5 cm bleeding. There are no necrosis. The consistency and section surface are apart from this normal.
84. The thorax is intact. There is no bleeding in the mucous membrane.
85. The spinal column and the pelvis are intact. The upper cervical vertebrae are uncovered. There are no fractures or bleedings.
86. In the scalp to the right and left side of the head and at its fore and back there are blackish red bleedings that flows together. There is a minor bleeding in the scalp att the crown of the head. In both of the temple muscles there are blackis red bleedings flowing together.
87. In the corium and the soft tissues of the face there are widespread blackish red bleedings. The bleedings are more abundant at the right side than the left side. The corium and the superficial musculature is somewhat crushed. There is a bleeding in the right orbit.
88. There are no fractures on the facial skeleton.
89. The cranium is intact.
90. There is no bleeding outside the hard cerebral menbrane.
91. Under the hard cerebral membrane there is a about 1 mm thick film of blood. There is no clotted blood. The bridge veins are intact.
92. The cerebellum is swollen and weighs 1630 grams. Its centre line has not been displaced. Between the soft membranes at the lower side of the left temple lobe and within its fore pole, within the fore pole of the right temple lobe and at the lower side of the frontal lobes there are slight to moderate bleedings. The bleedings are most abundant at the lower side of the temple lobe. On top of the convolutions of the brain at the lower side of both frontal lobes and both temple lobes, in the side convolution of the left temple lobe, at the convexity of the left temple lobe and att the crown lobe there are blackish red bleedings about 1 mm in size, parly flowing together. There are also bleedins in the underlying white substanse. Furthermore there are dot formed blackish red bleedings in the centre of the white substanse within the lower part of both frontal lobes. There is no bleeding in mesencephalon (latin) and pons (latin). There is no bleeding at the mantle edge of the cerebrum halves. The arteries are normal.
D. Blood and urine was collected at the autopsy for investigation at the foresic laboratory. Tissue samples was collected for a microscopic examination. Blood and muscle tissue was collected for a blood-group determination. Scrapings under the nails, hair samples for a possible forensic medical investigation and some other samples for a microscopic examination were collected.
Heart: The tissue is ordinary. There is no inflammation or necrosis.
Lung: The tissue is blood filled and oedemic. There is no inflammation.
Liver: The tissue is ordinary.
Kidney: The tissue is ordinary.
Brain: There are no bleedings in pons (latin).