The Nizkor Project: Remembering the Holocaust (Shoah)

Shofar FTP Archive File: people/r/rudolf.germar/rudolf-ch-1-01


Path: szdc2!super.zippo.com!newsfeed.direct.ca!su-news-hub1.bbnplanet.com!cpk-news-hub1.bbnplanet.com!news.bbnplanet.com!news-peer.sprintlink.net!news-pull.sprintlink.net!news-in-east.sprintlink.net!news.sprintlink.net!Sprint!198.60.253.107!news01a.micron.net!not-for-mail
From: sbrian@micron.net (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.revisionism,alt.politics.correct
Subject: Rudolf Report Smashes Holocaust "Gas Chamber" Lie:  Part 3
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 08:50:25 GMT
Organization: Micron Internet Services
Lines: 311
Message-ID: <5m6923$903$1@news01a.micron.net>
References: <5m2rjm$o4j$1@news01a.micron.net>
NNTP-Posting-Host: cboi023p11.boi.micron.net
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.0.82
Xref:   szdc2 alt.revisionism:105934 alt.politics.correct:82989

The following is the next section of the "Rudolf Report," written by
Germar Rudolf, a chemist and doctoral candidate at the Max Planck
Society for Solid-State research in Stuttgart.  The Rudolf Report
supports in detail the findings of The Leuchter Report, which found
that the "homicidal gas chambers" as alleged in the "holocaust" story
never operated as such.

To read the Rudolf Report in full:

http://www.codoh.com/rudolf/rudreport/rudreport.html

In the following excerpt, some of the more flimsy claims of Pressac
(one of the Holohoax's main proponents) are discussed and ruled out.


1944 Allied aerial photos of some of the alleged "gas chambers" are
examined.  These particular photos show "splotches" on the roof --
which the hoaxsters claim were the drop-pipes for Zyklon B.  However,
the splotches in the photo couldn't be that:  they appear to have
shadows to them which reveal them to be over 3-4 meters high (!),  ten
times wider than the size testified to, and the "shadows" in the photo
aren't pointing in the right direction (oops!)   Nor do the splotches"
line up according to where they would have to be in order for the "gas
chambes" to function as alleged.  What a clusterf@!ck the hoaxsters
have gotten themselves into!

1.3. 'Gas Chambers' in the Birkenau Camp

1.3.1. Crematoria II and III

  In size, equipment and manner of construction these crematoria are
quite comparable with other facilities built at that time in the
Reich, as well as with those of today [36]. This was pointed out at
the trial against the architects of the cremation facilities in the
Birkenau Camp. The court in 1972 acquitted the two defendants, master
builder W. Dejaco and master builder F. Ertl, since the suspicion of
being accessories to mass murder could not be substantiated [37].

  A specially partitioned morgue with improved ventilation served
then, as today in other places, as an area to keep the victims of
epidemics (infection morgue). From Illustration 7 (p. [21]) the ground
plan of Mortuaries I ("gas chamber") of Krema II and, corresponding in
mirror image, of Krema III is to be inferred; Illustration 8 (p. [21])
shows the cross-section [38]. 

As is apparent in the cross-section, these morgues lie to a large
degree under the ground. The elongated design of the morgues, their
subterranean location, as well as the limited contact to the cremation
rooms produces a uniformly cool temperature in these areas. This
speaks for their planning as mortuaries, which they are designated as
in the construction plans. 

Pressac endorses this interpretation. According to him the facilities
are descended from an earlier plan for a new crematorium in the
original camp from the year 1941 [39]. The access road to the
crematorium in Birkenau lay on the side of the chimney section, in
Illustration 7 above (p. 21]). This necessitated the moving of the
entrance to both morgues from the original location in the plans for
the original camp. Therefore, an entrance staircase to the offices of
Mortuary III was created, as well as a staircase at the end of
Mortuary II (not drawn in Illustration 7). 

As a result of the dramatically altered war situation after the defeat
at Stalingrad in the winter of 1942/43, a corpse chute here, as was
planned in place of the old stairs, apparently was abandoned on the
grounds of expense.  Possibly for the same reason, Krema III, which
was begun later, was at many points economized [40], and also the
material and qualitative shortcomings of Kremas IV and V may have led
to their rapid breakdown (see next section). The old morgue exit
envisioned for the planning stage of the original camp had already
been completed beforehand, even though it was not used later on, since
no direct entrance from the street was possible from there. 

That this staircase was built anyway speaks for an overhasty
transposition of the old plans for the original camp to the new
situation in Birkenau. The later constructed entrance staircase at the
end of Mortuaries II of Kremas II and III is today interpreted in the
sense that this had been the victims' entrance, especially since
Mortuary II was supposed to have served as the undressing room for the
victims. The designation of the premises as an undressing is not
evidence of a criminal act, since all corpses would normally be
stripped. The lack of a corpse chute at the companionway which was
added later is, according to Pressac, additional proof for the
conversion of the crematoria into human annihilation rooms, since
corpses cannot climb stairs [41]. 

An answer to the question of how the corpses got from their places of
death, e.g. in the sick camp, to the crematorium chute and from the
end of the chute to their storage areas or to the ovens Pressac does
not have. But, obviously, the corpses can be carried on a stretcher,
and even down a staircase with a few steps.

  The floor and ceiling of Mortuary I ("gas chamber") are
ferro-concrete. Since the technology of installing electrical outlets
was still very immature then, conically shaped pieces of wood were
inserted on the underside of the concrete, which later served as
places to insert, for example, wires and lamps.  Pressac interprets
these pieces of wood as insertion places for dummy showerheads,
which were supposed to have been installed in Mortuary I in order to
deceive the victims into thinking that it was a shower room [42].

  The walls are made from double brick masonry with an intervening
layer of tar for insulation [40]. The inner walls are plastered with a
hard, cement rich material; the ferro-concrete ceiling and the support
pillars show the grain of the framework, and therefore are not
plastered. The layer of tar between the brick walls seems to be
imperative as a water barrier due to the high ground water level in
the swampy area of Birkenau. Both mortuaries contained multiple
drains. 

From a document it can be inferred that air tight doors of the size
100x192 cm were ordered for the Mortuaries I ("gas chamber") of Kremas
II and III [43]. On the plan submitted, and thus on the final plan of
Krema II, the door size, as on all previous plans, is marked as
190x200 cm[44]. Even today it would have to be possible to determine
from the ruins whether the door was possibly built narrower
and if the door frames still exist. In any case excavations are
required for this.

  In the cross-section drawing of Mortuary I, air intake shafts are
visible both at the top and at the bottom on the walls, which
according to Pressac were installed as ventilation shafts for
mortuaries [45].  In the ground plan one can recognize on the left and
right the course of shafts running to and from the main shaft.
Therefore, the lower shaft was used for ventilating from the room.
This is also supposed to have been retained for the alleged later
gassings. 

All rooms in the rooms of Kremas II and III are, according to Pressac,
supposed to have had a similar capacity for ventilation from the room,
as well as the oven room [46], but only Mortuary I ("gas chamber")
possessed an air intake.  Pressac explains for all rooms the power of
the pump motors which he allegedly has inferred from the site office
of the camp. A 3.5 horsepower electric motor (2.5 Kilowatt) is
supposed to have served for Mortuary I ("gas chamber"). Of course, the
motor strength indicates only in a small way the capacity of the
ventilation [47]. The outflow openings the air intake shaft of
Mortuaries I ("gas chambers") with the dimension 5 x10 cm (50 count in
Krema II, 95 in Krema III) were covered with screens, each with around
110 holes of approximately 3.5 mm diameter [48].

  A radiator, even though allegedly considered in the meantime, had
never been present. Pressac interprets this interim consideration of
the installation of a radiator as proof for the existence of gas
chambers, since morgues would not have to be heated. He ignores the
circumstance that in every crematorium the bodies are protected
against frost. In a proper operation of this facility, the morgues
would at least have to be heated during the winter. 

At the same time, he interprets the removal of the exposed plumbing in
Mortuary I ("gas chamber") as referring to the "gas chamber", since
the victims could have torn out the exposed pipe. The simpler
noncriminal explanation that the plumbing, which could freeze in the
winter since there was no heat, had to be shut down to avoid risking a
water-pipe rupture also presents itself [49].

There are also supposed to have been hatches in the roof here for the
introduction of Zyklon-B.  Pressac shows some outside shots of the
crematoria from that time, in which the insertion points are supposed
to be recognizable [50]. In the photo of Krema II, moreover, only
three shadowy reflections interpreted as pipes are recognizable. In
accordance with this, the pipes, standing vertically in a row, are
approximately 50 cm high and no wider than 30 cm. 

In the photo of Krema III nothing is recognizable, even though the
quality of the photo is quite good. (It should be pointed out that it
is very easy to alter any photo with traditional retouching
techniques. Photos, therefore, possess questionable evidential value.)


According to the testimony of former inmate M. Kula, the insertion
points were supposed to have been hollow columns with a square base,
70 mm on a side, fabricated in the central workshop which distributed
the Zyklon-B preparation evenly among the tightly packed people on the
floor of the morgue by means of an unknown mechanism[51]. There is no
documentary reference for these columns. According to Pressac's
interpretation, four, not further defined, "wire net insertion
devices" served as removable wire insets in the hollow columns of
Mortuary I ("gas chamber") described by Kula. However, these "wire net
insertion devices" were only entered later by hand in the inventory of
Mortuary II of Krema II.  

By means of these nets the Zyklon-B is supposed to have been released
into the chamber and drawn out again after completion [52]. Pressac
shows a drawing of the insertion column, whereby, without explanation,
he cites the length of a side as 70 cm instead of 70 mm, and therefore
ten times greater than Kula [48]. But these wire net insertion devices
could also have served simply to insert the corpses into the cremation
ovens. In the case of their use as Zyklon-B nets, they would have more
\likely been called inlet wire nets [TRANS. note: the German term is
"Einla_drahtnetze", a phonically much more manageable term].

  Illustration 9 shows an enlarged section of an Allied aerial photo
of the Birkenau camp on 25 August 1944 [53]. On the cross-section, the
roof of Mortuary I ("gas chamber") of Krema II, one can clearly
recognize shadows (arrows). A stereoscopic evaluation of this aerial
photo reveals that the dark splotches in Illustration 9 cannot be
elevations [54].  If the Zyklon-B insertion columns actually had the
70 mm base length described by the witness, then that cannot be
reconciled with either the large, approximately 2 to 3 m2 in area
splotches in the aerial photo, nor with the size of the roughly 60 to
80 cm wide punctures on the spot. 

Besides, they would hardly be visible due to the insufficient
resolution of this aerial photo. It should be pointed out that the
chimneys of the inmate barracks, as well as the tall crematorium
chimneys cast sharply contrasted, symmetrical, straight shadows. 

The alleged insertion points of Mortuary I ("gas chamber") of Krema II
and Krema III form a regular, easily measured angle of approximately
75 degrees to the alignment of the main section of Krema II (see the
schematic drawing, Illustration 10, p. [23]).  But in reality these
shadows would have to have the same alignment as the shadows of the
cremation chimney of Krema II, of one of the chimneys of the inmate
barracks, as well as other sharply prominent parts in the picture.
These, in contrast to the splotches above, form a 45 degree angle to
the main direction of Kremas II and III (see Illustration 10).

It is known that the cremation chimneys were 15 meters high [38]. In
the picture it casts a shadow which is five times as long as the
splotches on the roof of Mortuary I ("gas chamber") of Krema III
(length of the chimney shadow 20 meters; therefore the position of the
sun is 37 degrees; length of the splotches on Mortuary I ["gas
chamber"]of Krema III: roughly 4 meters.) That can mean nothing
other than that the insertion pipes belonging to Mortuary I ("gas
chamber") of Krema III must have towered 3 meters over its roof, which
can be ruled out.  The false shadow cannot be explained by overly long
pipes or 4 meter long vents, just as the size of the pipes does not
fit the size of the pipes allegedly depicted in Pressac's picture
[50]. 

In a shot from 13 September 1944, three weeks later, these splotches
are likewise recognizable, even if considerably weaker due to the
smoke buildup of the bombing. The splotches on the roof of Mortuary I
of Krema III point in the same direction as those in the photo of 25
August 1944, despite a completely different position of the sun [54].
Of interest is an available undated photo from the winter of 1944/45
taken during the dismantling of Kremas II and III, whose main section
roofs are already covered over, but before the demolition of Krema V
(allegedly in January 1945) [55]. 

In this photo the [freiliegenden] oven room holes of Kremas II and III
are not recognizable.  Therefore, holes in the roofs of the morgues of
both facilities likewise might not have been visible in the same
magnitude. In the case of a shadow-casting elevation by approximately
50 cm to 1 meter high pipes, however, something would have to be
visible in the aerial photos with higher resolution (25 August 1944,
13 September 1944), since the recognizable smokestacks of the inmate
barracks are dimensioned as similarly as the holes in the ceiling of
Mortuary I of Krema II which can be found today. 

Accordingly, the splotches arising from these pipes would have to
possess a comparable size. If one is to rule out the thesis that the
aerial photos were falsified by retouching, one must assume, with
regard to the splotches located on the roofs of the Mortuaries I, that
they were objects of unknown origin, at most a few decimeters in width
and breadth and three to four meters in height. On the basis of their
size and position, they can be neither pipes nor holes. They would
have to be ascribed to the generally blotchy, possibly overgrown,
earthen covering of the mortuaries.

  According to Pressac, moreover, the position of the holes which can
be found today in the roofs of Mortuaries I ("gas chambers") do not
correspond with the position in the aerial photos, which he explains
by the warpings of the roof after the demolition of the building by
the SS in the winter of 1945 [56]. Since it is established with
certainty that the objects in the aerial photos are not insertion
holes, the varied position is not really surprising. The longstanding,
false interpretation of the splotches in the aerial photos has
resulted in the acceptance, without plausible explanation, of a linear
arrangement of the insertion columns for Mortuary I of Krema II, but
for Krema III an alternating, staggered arrangement. 

The staggered arrangement of the columns in the case of Krema III
would contradict the argument usually brought forward that the columns
were camouflaged by being aligned with the concrete support pillars so
that the entering victims were not suspicious. But actually, the
insertion holes could not have been bored in alignment with the
support columns, since the ferro-concrete girder visible in
Illustration 7 (p. [21]) would have to have been destroyed. An
arrangement of the holes staggered around the supporting columns would
therefore have been absolutely necessary. And with that it is proved
for the shadows on the roof of Mortuary I ("gas chamber") of Krema II
that there could not have been insertion points.

http://www.kaiwan.com/~ihrgreg/ Greg Raven's Website
http://www.webcom.com/~ezundel/english/welcome.html Zundelsite
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~lpauling/ Student Revisionist Resource Site
http://www.webcom.com/ezundel/english/LEUCHTER/leuchtertoc.html 
http://www.codoh.com/irving/irving.html David Irving 
http://www.codoh.com/ Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust 
http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~abutz/ Arthur R. Butz 
http://www.air-photo.com/ Air Photo Evidence (John Ball) 
http://www.adam.com.au/~fredadin/adins.html Adelaide Institute 
http://www.codoh.com/rudolf/rudreport/rudreport.html

Brian Smith
http://www.natall.com

"A civilization which tolerates the existence of Kaplan and his filthy
business should be burned to the ground."  I said.  "We should make 
a bonfire of the whole thing and then start over fresh " 

_The Turner Diaries_.  p. 85

>-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
    \|/        Towards a New Consciousness.     \|/        
     |                          A New Future.                        |                                                                        
                                A New People.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
>.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-







Path: szdc2!super.zippo.com!newsfeed.direct.ca!su-news-hub1.bbnplanet.com!news.bbnplanet.com!news1.best.com!nntp2.ba.best.com!rbi141.rbi.com!user
From: mvanalst@rbi.com (Mark Van Alstine)
Newsgroups: alt.revisionism,alt.politics.correct
Subject: Re: Rudolf Report Smashes Holocaust "Gas Chamber" Lie:  Part 3
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 07:26:26 -0700
Organization: rbi software systems
Lines: 460
Message-ID: 
References: <5m2rjm$o4j$1@news01a.micron.net> <5m6923$903$1@news01a.micron.net>
NNTP-Posting-Host: rbi141.rbi.com
X-newsreader: MT-NewsWatcher 2.2.2
Xref:   szdc2 alt.revisionism:106022 alt.politics.correct:82992

In article <5m6923$903$1@news01a.micron.net>, sbrian@micron.net (Brian
Smith) wrote:

> The following is the next section of the "Rudolf Report," written by
> Germar Rudolf, a chemist and doctoral candidate at the Max Planck
> Society for Solid-State research in Stuttgart.  The Rudolf Report
> supports in detail the findings of The Leuchter Report, which found
> that the "homicidal gas chambers" as alleged in the "holocaust" story
> never operated as such.
> 
> To read the Rudolf Report in full:
> 
> http://www.codoh.com/rudolf/rudreport/rudreport.html

I would like to note that the footnotes cited in Rudolf's denier tract
cited by Mr. Smith and located on CODOH's site are not, as far as I can
tell, included in the document. Nor was the link to the German version of
this document available on the Zundelsite. Therefore, at this time, _all_
supporting sources cited are unsubstantiated and Rudolf's argument's
thereby are unsupported.

Perhaps this will be fixed? 

> In the following excerpt, some of the more flimsy claims of Pressac
> (one of the Holohoax's main proponents) are discussed and ruled out.
> 
> 
> 1944 Allied aerial photos of some of the alleged "gas chambers" are
> examined.  These particular photos show "splotches" on the roof --
> which the hoaxsters claim were the drop-pipes for Zyklon B.  However,
> the splotches in the photo couldn't be that:  they appear to have
> shadows to them which reveal them to be over 3-4 meters high (!),  ten
> times wider than the size testified to, and the "shadows" in the photo
> aren't pointing in the right direction (oops!)   Nor do the splotches"
> line up according to where they would have to be in order for the "gas
> chambes" to function as alleged.  

Would Mr. Smith care to cite the air photo interpreter who came to this
conclusion? I ask because according to Michael Shermer:



Thanks to Dr. Nevin Bryant, supervisor of cartographic applications and
image processing applications at Caltech/NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
in Pasadena, California, I was able to get the CIA photographs properly
analyzed by people who know what they are looking at from the air. Nevin
and I analyzed the photographs using digital enhancements techniques not
available to the CIA in 1979. We were able to prove that the photographs
had not been tampered with, and we indeed found evidence of extermination
activity. The aeirial photographs were shot in sequence as the plane flew
over the camp (on a bombing run toward its ultimate target - the IG Farben
Industrial works). Since the photographs of the camp were taken a few
seconds apart, stereoscopic viewing of two consecutive photographs show
movement of people and vehicles and provides better depth perception. The
airiel photograph in figure 23 [1] shows the distinctive features of Krema
II. Note the long shadow from the crematorium chimney and, on the roof of
the adjacent gas chamber at right angles to the crematorium building, note
the four staggered shadows. Ball claims these shadows were drawn in, but
four small structures that match the shadows are visible on the roof of
the gas chamber in figure 24 [2] taken by an SS photographer of the back
of Krema II (if you look directly below the chimney of krema II, you will
see two sides of the rectangular underground gas chamber structure
protruding a few feet above the ground.)

The photgraphic evidence converges quite nicely with eyewitness accounts
describing SS men pouring Zyklon-B pellets through the opening in the roof
of the gas chamber. the aerial photograph in figure 25 [3] shows a group
of prisoners being marched to Krema V for gassing. The gas chamber is at
the end of the building, and the crematorium has double chimneys. From the
camp's daily logs, it is clear that these are Hungarian Jews from an RSHA
transport, some of whom where selected for work and the rest sent for
extermination. (Additional photographs and detailed discussion appear in
Shermer and Grobman 1977.)



Source: Shermer, _Why People Believe Weird Things: pseudoscience,
superstition, and other confusions of our time_, pp.233-234,235.

1. KL Au II, August 25, 1944, RG 373 Can F 5367. 
  (Probably exposures 3185, 3186.)

2. PMO neg no. 20995/494, Kamman series. (Circa February 9-11, 1943). 

See:

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/auschwitz/documents/pressac/insertion-columns-commentary
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/auschwitz/documents/pressac/insertion-columns.jpg
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/auschwitz/documents/pressac/insertion-columns-detail.jpg

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/auschwitz/photos.01

3. KL Au II, May 31, 1944, RG 373 Can D 1508. 
  (Probably exposures 3055 and ?)


> What a clusterf@!ck the hoaxsters
> have gotten themselves into!

Rather, it appear that it is Mr. Smith (as usual) who has gotten himself 
into a "menage a' cluster!" 


> 1.3. 'Gas Chambers' in the Birkenau Camp
> 
> 1.3.1. Crematoria II and III
> 
> In size, equipment and manner of construction these crematoria are
> quite comparable with other facilities built at that time in the
> Reich, as well as with those of today [36]. 

Not true. Take the Topf incineration furnaces used at Auschitz for
example. According to van Pelt:



...As Pressac described, Pru"fer's firm had been able to corner the
concentration camp market for incinerators by offering stripped-down
version of civilian furnaces. The Topf model lacked the cumbersome
economizer, which saved fuel but was very expensive to construct. A
further savings had been obtained by grouping two muffles (the space that
held the coffin or body) in one furnace- a practice that was legally
forbidden in cicilian incinerators, as it removed from the cremation a
sense of "privacy" appropriate to the occasion. In the concentration camp
environment such niceties did not matter; Pru"fer realized this early on
and used his insight to double the furnace's capacity for the same price.
Pru"fer suggested to Bischoff that he could create another 50 percent
increase in capacity through a combination of three incineration muffles
in a single furnace....



Source: Gutman, _Anatomy_, p.139. Cf. Ibid., pp.183-186.


> This was pointed out at the trial against the architects of the cremation 
> facilities in the Birkenau Camp. The court in 1972 acquitted the two 
> defendants, master builder W. Dejaco and master builder F. Ertl, since the 
> suspicion of  being accessories to mass murder could not be substantiated 
> [37].

The reason that the case against Dejaco and Ertl was dismissed was due to
technical incompetance in correctly evaluating the documentary evidence,
specifically incriminating Bauleitung construction drawings of Krema
IIthat indicated Krema II was modified for the purpose of mass murder.

According to Pressac:



Keeping the [corpse] chute meant that if necessary the Krematorium [II]
could easily return to being a <> facility. By eliminating it
completely, Dejaco clearly revealed that the role of the building was nop
longer to cremate people dying in the camp, but to cremate people dying on
the spot. During the trial of Walter Dejaco and Fritz Ertl, considered to
tbe the <>, a trial was held before the Vienna
Assize Court from 18th January to 10th March 1972, drawing 2003, which
formally accuses Dejaco, could have led to his being found guilty (Dejaco
alone). The main Bauleitung drawings of Krematorium II (932, 933, 936,
980, 1301, 1311, 1173-1174 and 2197) were furnished to the court by an
envoy from the Warsaw-based Central Commision for research into Hitlerian
crimes in Poland, Mr. Stanislaw Kaniewski at the 25th session on 1st March
1972, but they were studied for only one hour (between 11 and 12 o'clock),
during which time there was much quibbling about the size of the pillars
supporting the Leichenkeller roofs, which one witness claimed were hollow.
Drawing 2003, drawn by the hand of Dejaco himself, was not even cited as
such. The designated expert, incapable of understanding these drawings
virtually admitted defeat. There was no correct and detailed exploitation
of this valuable historical material. Needless to say, the case against
the two was dismissed for lack of evidence.



Source: Pressac, _Technique_, p.303.

[snip]

> As is apparent in the cross-section, these morgues lie to a large
> degree under the ground. The elongated design of the morgues, their
> subterranean location, as well as the limited contact to the cremation
> rooms produces a uniformly cool temperature in these areas. This
> speaks for their planning as mortuaries, which they are designated as
> in the construction plans. 

And yet according to Pressac:



Another last-minute problem arose because of defective arrangement of the
three forced drafts around the smokestack. The transfer heat from the
smokestack ventilation system was so to increase the temperature in all
the rooms serviced by the syste. Pru"fer had pointed out this drawback on
February 19 and had suggested channeling the excess heat to morgue 1 - a
suggestion that claerly reveals that the morgue, which must by definition
remain cool, had become a gas chamber. Heating the morgue would ensure
more rapid diffusion of Zyklon B. The plan was immediately accepted by the
SS, and on February 22, Topf sent to Auschwitz a cast-iron blower with an
extractive power of 9,000 to 10,000 cu m an hour, priced at 522 RM (1992:
$2,100).

A relatively minor item that had not yet been made was a metal connecting
pipe, in the shape of a tridentm, to be placed in the loft between the
ceilings of the rooms with forced draft and the blower, which fed into the
smokestack used to evacuate the gs from the gas chamber. A sliding damper
inthe smokestack allowed control of the flow of air. Closed and with
activated blower, the flow of hot air would go to the gs chamber and
preheat it. Open, it would allow for the extraction of the toxic gas. The
order for the connecting pipe was officially approved on March 6 at a
price of 1,070 RM . It was to be manufactured within the week.



Source: Gutman, _Anatomy_, pp.231-232.

> Pressac endorses this interpretation. According to him the facilities
> are descended from an earlier plan for a new crematorium in the
> original camp from the year 1941 [39]. 

This is quite specious of Mr. Smith. (Or should I say of Germar Rudolf?)
Pressac _clearly_ indicates, for example, that the ventilation system
which serviced L.Keller 1 was modified so as to be able to _preheat_ the
gas chamber to channeling hot air into it! (See immediately above.)
Clearly, as Mr. Smith argues that morgues are to be kept cool, and that
L.Keller 1 was to be capable of being preheated (to expidite the
vaporization of HCN from Zyklon B), L.Keller 1 was not a morgue but a
homicidal gas chamber!

[snip]

> As a result of the dramatically altered war situation after the defeat
> at Stalingrad in the winter of 1942/43, a corpse chute here, as was
> planned in place of the old stairs, apparently was abandoned on the
> grounds of expense.  

Would Mr. Smith please cite the specific source(s) for this conclusion
that the corpse chute was "abandoned on the grounds of expense"? According
to Pressac, the corpse chute in Krema II was _built_ and then after Dejaco
had modified the plans, "the top of the chute was demolished, and its
outlet was masked by a wooden partition." (cf. Gutman, _Anatomy_,
pp.223-224.) 

[snip]

> That this staircase was built anyway speaks for an overhasty
> transposition of the old plans for the original camp to the new
> situation in Birkenau. 

Would Mr. Smith care to expand on this claim? 

> The later constructed entrance staircase at the
> end of Mortuaries II of Kremas II and III is today interpreted in the
> sense that this had been the victims' entrance, especially since
> Mortuary II was supposed to have served as the undressing room for the
> victims. The designation of the premises as an undressing is not
> evidence of a criminal act, since all corpses would normally be
> stripped. The lack of a corpse chute at the companionway which was
> added later is, according to Pressac, additional proof for the
> conversion of the crematoria into human annihilation rooms, since
> corpses cannot climb stairs [41]. 

Indeed.

> An answer to the question of how the corpses got from their places of
> death, e.g. in the sick camp, to the crematorium chute and from the
> end of the chute to their storage areas or to the ovens Pressac does
> not have.

Perhaps because the answer is self-evident: a wagon. One can see an
example of this on pages 132-133 of _Auschwitz: a history in photographs_,
which show as wagon filled with corpses being transported at Birkenau. 

> But, obviously, the corpses can be carried on a stretcher,
> and even down a staircase with a few steps.

Is Mr. Smith seriously arguing that it makes more sense to take the
corpses off a wagon and load them on strechers and carry then down stairs
than to simply back the wagon next to the corpse chute and slide them
down? And why does Mr. Smith ognore the eyewitness accounts that clearly
explain that the victims walked down the stairs into the undressing room? 

> The floor and ceiling of Mortuary I ("gas chamber") are
> ferro-concrete. Since the technology of installing electrical outlets
> was still very immature then, conically shaped pieces of wood were
> inserted on the underside of the concrete, which later served as
> places to insert, for example, wires and lamps.  Pressac interprets
> these pieces of wood as insertion places for dummy showerheads,
> which were supposed to have been installed in Mortuary I in order to
> deceive the victims into thinking that it was a shower room [42].

If Mr. Smith were to have carefully studied Bauleitung drawing 2197(b)(r),
he would have noticed that the lights for L.Keller 1 ran along the
centrline of the ceiling of the gas chamber (i.e. between the supporting
pillars on each side of the support beam). The dummy showerheads were
placed well off-center on the east side of the ceiling of the gas chamber.
Additionally, the inventory list to the handover document for Krema III
lists "14 Brausen" (14 [dummy] showers). (cf. Pressac, _Technique_,
pp.310,312,353,439.) And again, why does Mr. Smith ignore eyewitness
testimony that clearly says that the homicidal gas chamber contained dummy
showerheads to fool the vicitms into thinking that it was a showeroom? 

> The walls are made from double brick masonry with an intervening
> layer of tar for insulation [40]. The inner walls are plastered with a
> hard, cement rich material; the ferro-concrete ceiling and the support
> pillars show the grain of the framework, and therefore are not
> plastered. The layer of tar between the brick walls seems to be
> imperative as a water barrier due to the high ground water level in
> the swampy area of Birkenau. Both mortuaries contained multiple
> drains. 

Could Mr. Smith please explain why the drainage system, according to
Bauleitung drawing 1300, was modified to indicate that the drains in
L.Keller 1 were disconnected from the rest of Krema II? What possible
reason (other than to prevent possible residual HCN emitted from Zkylon B
pellets accidently washed down the drain from backflushing into the Krema)
would have been for this if L.Keller 1 and 2 were both morgues? Why
wouldn't L.Keller 2 _also_ have been disconnected as well? (cf. Pressac,
_Technique_, pp.296-297.) 

[snip]

> A radiator, even though allegedly considered in the meantime, had
> never been present. 

Would Mr. Smith please provide a citation that indicates that _radiators_
were to be installed in Kremas II and III to _heat_ their morgues? Pressac
indicates that the ventilation system was modified to channel hot air from
the forced drafts to L.Keller 1. (And please explain why, in this light,
you are now evidently contradicting your previous claim above that the
morgues had to be kept cool.)

> Pressac interprets this interim consideration of
> the installation of a radiator as proof for the existence of gas
> chambers, since morgues would not have to be heated. He ignores the 
> circumstance that in every crematorium the bodies are protected against 
> frost. In a proper operation of this facility, the morgues would at 
> least have to be heated during the winter. 

Would Mr. Smith please provide citations that indicate morgues in _every_
crematorium are heated to protect bodies from frost? Would Mr. Smith
please explain _why_ corpses have to be protected from frost in an
undergrounf morgue?

> At the same time, he interprets the removal of the exposed plumbing in
> Mortuary I ("gas chamber") as referring to the "gas chamber", since
> the victims could have torn out the exposed pipe. The simpler
> noncriminal explanation that the plumbing, which could freeze in the
> winter since there was no heat, had to be shut down to avoid risking a
> water-pipe rupture also presents itself [49].

WHy them was not the "plumbing" in L.Keller 2, for example, _also_ "shut
down"? Whhy does Mr. Smith continue to ignore eyewitness testimony that
says the showerheads and their waterpipes were dummies? Why does Mr. Smith
also ignore eyewitness testimonies that indicate that the gas chamber was
washed down after each gassing by running a hose in the vestibule outside?
Would this water supply _also_ not have to be "shut down" as well? 

> There are also supposed to have been hatches in the roof here for the
> introduction of Zyklon-B.  Pressac shows some outside shots of the
> crematoria from that time, in which the insertion points are supposed
> to be recognizable [50]. In the photo of Krema II, moreover, only
> three shadowy reflections interpreted as pipes are recognizable. In
> accordance with this, the pipes, standing vertically in a row, are
> approximately 50 cm high and no wider than 30 cm. 
> 
> In the photo of Krema III nothing is recognizable, even though the
> quality of the photo is quite good. (It should be pointed out that it
> is very easy to alter any photo with traditional retouching
> techniques. Photos, therefore, possess questionable evidential value.)

[The issue of photographs of the Zyklon B introduction vents, and their
confirmation by JPL, has been treated above.]

> According to the testimony of former inmate M. Kula, the insertion
> points were supposed to have been hollow columns with a square base,
> 70 mm on a side, fabricated in the central workshop which distributed
> the Zyklon-B preparation evenly among the tightly packed people on the
> floor of the morgue by means of an unknown mechanism[51]. There is no
> documentary reference for these columns. According to Pressac's
> interpretation, four, not further defined, "wire net insertion
> devices" served as removable wire insets in the hollow columns of
> Mortuary I ("gas chamber") described by Kula. However, these "wire net
> insertion devices" were only entered later by hand in the inventory of
> Mortuary II of Krema II.  

First Mr. Smith says there is no documentary reference" for the Zyklon B
introduction columns and then he immediately cites the Zyklon B
introduction columns as being on the inventory list of the handover
document for Krema III?  

Hello! 

And, of course, why does Mr. Smith ignore the eyewitness testimonies in
addition Kulka that describes these Zyklon B intoduction columns- and
their homicidal purpose -in Krema II? 

> By means of these nets the Zyklon-B is supposed to have been released
> into the chamber and drawn out again after completion [52]. Pressac
> shows a drawing of the insertion column, whereby, without explanation,
> he cites the length of a side as 70 cm instead of 70 mm, and therefore
> ten times greater than Kula [48]. 

Eh? Did not Mr. Smith, just above, say the Zyklon B introduction columns
were "supposed to have been hollow columns with a square base, 70 mm on a
side?" That is the very same dimension that Pressac shows in Kulka's
sketch. (cf. Pressac, _Technique_, p.487.)  

Hello! 

> But these wire net insertion devices could also have served simply to insert
> the corpses into the cremation ovens. 

Oh, please. A metal corpse stretcher (Leichenbreet [corpse board]) was
used for to insert corpses intot the furnace. See Tauber's testimony and
Oleres's 1945 drawing of this. (cf. Pressac, _Technique_, pp.495,496.) 

[stupid semantic tap dancing snipped]

>   Illustration 9 shows an enlarged section of an Allied aerial photo
> of the Birkenau camp on 25 August 1944 [53]. On the cross-section, the
> roof of Mortuary I ("gas chamber") of Krema II, one can clearly
> recognize shadows (arrows). A stereoscopic evaluation of this aerial
> photo reveals that the dark splotches in Illustration 9 cannot be
> elevations [54].  If the Zyklon-B insertion columns actually had the
> 70 mm base length described by the witness, then that cannot be
> reconciled with either the large, approximately 2 to 3 m2 in area
> splotches in the aerial photo, nor with the size of the roughly 60 to
> 80 cm wide punctures on the spot. 

[The issue of photographs of the Zyklon B introduction vents, and their
confirmation by JPL, has been treated above.]

> Besides, they would hardly be visible due to the insufficient
> resolution of this aerial photo. It should be pointed out that the
> chimneys of the inmate barracks, as well as the tall crematorium
> chimneys cast sharply contrasted, symmetrical, straight shadows. 

[The issue of photographs of the Zyklon B introduction vents, and their
confirmation by JPL, has been treated above.]

[air photo tap dancing snipped]


For those interested in proof of National Alliance member Mr. Smith's
rabid anti-Semitism, pathological Nazi apologia, lies, and utter hypocrisy
-and that he possses an IQ of a fence post (not to mention a sewer mouth)
please peruse DejaNews and visit the Nizkor Project at:

http://www.dejanews.com/
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/people/s/smith.brian.r
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/people/s/stele.kurt

Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes 
not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties--but
right through every human heart--and all human hearts." 

-- Alexander Solzhenitsyn, "The Gulag Archipelago"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home ·  Site Map ·  What's New? ·  Search Nizkor

© The Nizkor Project, 1991-2012

This site is intended for educational purposes to teach about the Holocaust and to combat hatred. Any statements or excerpts found on this site are for educational purposes only.

As part of these educational purposes, Nizkor may include on this website materials, such as excerpts from the writings of racists and antisemites. Far from approving these writings, Nizkor condemns them and provides them so that its readers can learn the nature and extent of hate and antisemitic discourse. Nizkor urges the readers of these pages to condemn racist and hate speech in all of its forms and manifestations.