The Nizkor Project: Remembering the Holocaust (Shoah)

Shofar FTP Archive File: people/g/graves.george/1996/graves.0696


From gmgraves@aimnet.com Sat Jun  1 21:21:41 PDT 1996
Article: 103215 of alt.2600
Path: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca!news.island.net!news.bctel.net!newsfeed.direct.ca!imci2!imci3!newsfeed.internetmci.com!news.cftnet.com!ns2.mainstreet.net!ns1.aplatform.com!news.aimnet.com!news
From: George Graves 
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,alt.binaries.warez.mac,alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc,alt.2600,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.folklore.computers,alt.flame,comp.os.msdos.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.sys.intel,alt.mac.games,alt.sources.mac,comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac,comp.sys.mac.games.action,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,alt.sys.mac
Subject: Re: The truth about Macintosh!!!
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 23:27:22 -0700
Organization: Aimnet Information Services
Lines: 78
Message-ID: <31AD3FCA.1A5D@aimnet.com>
References: <4lh4ok$56t@daily-planet.execpc.com>  <4lp468$n8@news3.cts.com> <31826EDB.13A6@tdl.com> <3183F524.39F9@ix.netcom.com> <31843A99.57AF@islandnet.com>  <31859380.2179525@news.interlog.com> <4m51sl$1js@bigboote.WPI.EDU>   <4mj73f$jcl@s-cwis.unomaha.edu> <318E5698.3545@advantage.com> <4nh2da$4aj@new-news.cc.brandeis.edu> <31A28A1E.3E3B@uni.massey.ac.nz> <4o2c84$dgm@atlas.uniserve.com> <4o3k52$d5o@castle.nando.net> <31A870C1.721A@pacbell.net>  <31a8dde3.2728691@news.u-net.com>  <31ABF4C8.7B62@aimnet.com> <4ohn6m$5d9@news.interlog.com> <4oimbg$pjc@news.monmouth.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: dial-pa1-24.iway.aimnet.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (Macintosh; I; PPC)
To: WeaponX 
Xref: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:92190 alt.binaries.warez.mac:4911 alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc:39201 alt.2600:103215 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:64262 alt.folklore.computers:83928 alt.flame:13153 comp.os.msdos.misc:35214 comp.sys.intel:51444 alt.sources.mac:2382 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:4887 comp.sys.mac.games.action:4193 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:4036 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:2642

WeaponX wrote:
> 
>         All this talk about Macintoshs and PC's has pulled me in. Over my many
> years of crusing the NET, I have made some discoveries. Please keep in
> mind that this is my opinion and it is that "IBM'S ARE SUPERIOR TO
> MACINTOSHS IN ALL WAYS." You have to admit, their speed and power
> snubs Macs' into the ground.
> 
> Reasoning:
> 1) General Rule: More software is produced for PC than any other
> computers
> 2) Macintoshs are usually in schools (implied message: free way of
> advertsing)
> 3) PC's are in rapid upgrades (people are paying more attention to IBM
> than that stupid apple)
> 4) WAREZ (who is it for PC or MAC: PC!)
> 5) Speed: MACs are chug, chug, chug, chug
> PC are now moving faster than anything, at 200MHz, I'd say there were
> pretty fast
> 6) Overall OPINION: MAC SUCK!
> 
> Golden Rule: You might think that all IBM suck, well I have something
> for you. What do you think your Internet Server is running a crappy
> MAC???? Plan and simple!
> 
>                 WeaponX

Boy, have you put both feet in your mouth this time!

Macs ARE more powerful and are quite a bit faster than PCs. I use both
Pentium pro machines and Macs running Photoshop, and Premier, two
of the most resource and performance hungry applications around. a 120 
MHZ Mac is so much faster than a 150 MHz Pentium Pro doing such tasks 
as inverting pictures in Photoshop and rendering movies in Premier, that
its laughable! 

Now lets go down your list.

1) Depends on how you look at it. There are certanly more PPC native apps for
the Mac than there are 32-bt apps for Win95. Also, since when does 
quantity = quality? Almost all decent apps are available for both platforms.
The junk? who cares (and there is lots of Windows junk out there!).

2) Macs are usually in schools? My dear deluded friend, Macs are everywhere.
There are 52 million of them at work around the world, and they aren't all
in schools.

3) What? Almost ALL personal computer innovation comes from Apple. Not
an opinion, but a recognized fact. Even magazines written for PC users
acknowledge this. Last year there were about 90 patents filed by the
personal computer biggies. Apple had 53, Intel had 16, Microsoft 12.
What does that tell you Buffalo?

5) Here, your illiteracy gets the better of me. I have no idea what point you are
trying to make. 

5) At last count, there were no 200 Mhz Pentium Pros actually on the market.
(they are coming though). The fastest Pentium available today is a 166 MHz.
There is, however a 180 Mhz Mac clone available, and Motorola is sampling
a 250 Mhz 604e chip. Besides, PC's are crippled by the fact that their 
software is not optimized for the Pentium. Remember, it still has to run on
an old '386. Even if the Pentium Pro and the PowerPC chip were equal (which
they are not. The 604 PowerPC chip is faster at any given clock speed), the 
Mac would (and does) win the speed contest because Mac software is NATIVE
RISC code, and not crotch-hobbled to run on some old, obsolete processor
that isn't made anymore.

6) Opinions are like rectal apertures, everybody has one.

You'd be surprised. Apple makes award winning servers, and they sell lots
of them. They have about 17% of the server market, I believe. most servers
are Unix machines like Suns and HPs. Wintel machines have 12%.

So, Mr. "WeaponX". Your shooting score isn't very good. Out of 8 "facts"
you have 6 clean misses, 1 incomprehensible statement, and a a personal
unsubstantiated (and unsubstantiatable) opinion. Nice try.

George Graves


From gmgraves@aimnet.com Sat Jun  1 21:21:42 PDT 1996
Article: 103228 of alt.2600
Path: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca!news.island.net!news.bctel.net!imci2!news.internetMCI.com!imci4!newsfeed.internetmci.com!news.cftnet.com!ns2.mainstreet.net!viper.inow.com!news.aimnet.com!news
From: George Graves 
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,alt.binaries.warez.mac,alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc,alt.2600,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.folklore.computers,alt.flame,comp.os.msdos.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.sys.intel,alt.mac.games,alt.sources.mac,comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac,comp.sys.mac.games.action,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,alt.sys.mac
Subject: Re: The truth about Macintosh!!!
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 13:12:39 -0700
Organization: Aimnet Information Services
Lines: 22
Message-ID: <31AE0137.5A32@aimnet.com>
References: <4lh4ok$56t@daily-planet.execpc.com>  <4lp468$n8@news3.cts.com> <31826EDB.13A6@tdl.com> <3183F524.39F9@ix.netcom.com> <31843A99.57AF@islandnet.com>  <31859380.2179525@news.interlog.com> <4m51sl$1js@bigboote.WPI.EDU>   <4mj73f$jcl@s-cwis.unomaha.edu> <318E5698.3545@advantage.com> <4nh2da$4aj@new-news.cc.brandeis.edu> <31A28A1E.3E3B@uni.massey.ac.nz> <4o2c84$dgm@atlas.uniserve.com> <4o3k52$d5o@castle.nando.net> <31A870C1.721A@pacbell.net>  <31a8dde3.2728691@news.u-net.com>  <31AC5992.24AE@appl.sci-nnov.ru> 
NNTP-Posting-Host: dial-pa1-12.iway.aimnet.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (Macintosh; I; PPC)
To: Yoshi Sugawara 
Xref: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:92198 alt.binaries.warez.mac:4918 alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc:39208 alt.2600:103228 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:64269 alt.folklore.computers:83936 alt.flame:13175 comp.os.msdos.misc:35221 comp.sys.intel:51453 alt.sources.mac:2390 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:4894 comp.sys.mac.games.action:4201 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:4043 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:2649

Yoshi Sugawara wrote:
> 
> > #3: Since I got used to Microsoft products, I do feel great when using a
> > Mac.
> >
> 
> I used Win 3.1 and 95, and when I got a mac, I don't like using win 95
> anymore.  I think Apple put something in the OS that just makes you get
> attached to it.  Probably the difference between Macs and PCs is that Mac
> is a more personal computer..which explains why there are many mac
> fanatics :)


You're right, Yoshi! What Apple puts into the Mac is intelligence and planning.
The Mac didn't just happen helter-skelter like the PC, Apple integrated the OS
and the hardware and brought them along together. That's why the machines are
so compelling. Macs work and they do so with a minimum of fuss and feathers. 
They are fun to operate because they are logical, and they work the way a logical
user works. That's why every study shows Macs to be more productive than PCs
running Windows 3.1, 95, NT, or OS/2! Those are the facts.

George Graves


From gmgraves@aimnet.com Sat Jun  1 21:21:43 PDT 1996
Article: 103229 of alt.2600
Path: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca!news.island.net!news.bctel.net!imci2!news.internetMCI.com!imci4!newsfeed.internetmci.com!swrinde!elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!ames!bart.starnet.com!ns2.mainstreet.net!viper.inow.com!news.aimnet.com!news
From: George Graves 
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,alt.binaries.warez.mac,alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc,alt.2600,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.folklore.computers,alt.flame,comp.os.msdos.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.sys.intel,alt.mac.games,alt.sources.mac,comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac,comp.sys.mac.games.action,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,alt.sys.mac
Subject: Re: The truth about Macintosh!!!
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 13:24:22 -0700
Organization: Aimnet Information Services
Lines: 87
Message-ID: <31AE03F6.6A89@aimnet.com>
References: <4lh4ok$56t@daily-planet.execpc.com>  <4lp468$n8@news3.cts.com> <31826EDB.13A6@tdl.com> <3183F524.39F9@ix.netcom.com> <31843A99.57AF@islandnet.com>  <31859380.2179525@news.interlog.com> <4m51sl$1js@bigboote.WPI.EDU>   <4mj73f$jcl@s-cwis.unomaha.edu> <318E5698.3545@advantage.com> <4nh2da$4aj@new-news.cc.brandeis.edu> <31A28A1E.3E3B@uni.massey.ac.nz> <4o2c84$dgm@atlas.uniserve.com> <4o3k52$d5o@castle.nando.net> <31A870C1.721A@pacbell.net>  <31a8dde3.2728691@news.u-net.com>  <31ABF4C8.7B62@aimnet.com> <4ohn6m$5d9@news.interlog.com> <4oimbg$pjc@news.monmouth.com> <31AD3FCA.1A5D@aimnet.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: dial-pa1-12.iway.aimnet.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (Macintosh; I; PPC)
Xref: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:92199 alt.binaries.warez.mac:4919 alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc:39209 alt.2600:103229 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:64270 alt.folklore.computers:83937 alt.flame:13179 comp.os.msdos.misc:35222 comp.sys.intel:51454 alt.sources.mac:2391 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:4895 comp.sys.mac.games.action:4202 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:4044 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:2650

George Graves wrote:
> 
> WeaponX wrote:
> >
> >         All this talk about Macintoshs and PC's has pulled me in. Over my many
> > years of crusing the NET, I have made some discoveries. Please keep in
> > mind that this is my opinion and it is that "IBM'S ARE SUPERIOR TO
> > MACINTOSHS IN ALL WAYS." You have to admit, their speed and power
> > snubs Macs' into the ground.
> >
> > Reasoning:
> > 1) General Rule: More software is produced for PC than any other
> > computers
> > 2) Macintoshs are usually in schools (implied message: free way of
> > advertsing)
> > 3) PC's are in rapid upgrades (people are paying more attention to IBM
> > than that stupid apple)
> > 4) WAREZ (who is it for PC or MAC: PC!)
> > 5) Speed: MACs are chug, chug, chug, chug
> > PC are now moving faster than anything, at 200MHz, I'd say there were
> > pretty fast
> > 6) Overall OPINION: MAC SUCK!
> >
> > Golden Rule: You might think that all IBM suck, well I have something
> > for you. What do you think your Internet Server is running a crappy
> > MAC???? Plan and simple!
> >
> >                 WeaponX
> 
> Boy, have you put both feet in your mouth this time!
> 
> Macs ARE more powerful and are quite a bit faster than PCs. I use both
> Pentium pro machines and Macs running Photoshop, and Premier, two
> of the most resource and performance hungry applications around. a 120
> MHZ Mac is so much faster than a 150 MHz Pentium Pro doing such tasks
> as inverting pictures in Photoshop and rendering movies in Premier, that
> its laughable!
> 
> Now lets go down your list.
> 
> 1) Depends on how you look at it. There are certanly more PPC native apps for
> the Mac than there are 32-bt apps for Win95. Also, since when does
> quantity = quality? Almost all decent apps are available for both platforms.
> The junk? who cares (and there is lots of Windows junk out there!).
> 
> 2) Macs are usually in schools? My dear deluded friend, Macs are everywhere.
> There are 52 million of them at work around the world, and they aren't all
> in schools.
> 
> 3) What? Almost ALL personal computer innovation comes from Apple. Not
> an opinion, but a recognized fact. Even magazines written for PC users
> acknowledge this. Last year there were about 90 patents filed by the
> personal computer biggies. Apple had 53, Intel had 16, Microsoft 12.
> What does that tell you Buffalo?
> 
> 5) Here, your illiteracy gets the better of me. I have no idea what point you are
> trying to make.
> 
> 5) At last count, there were no 200 Mhz Pentium Pros actually on the market.
> (they are coming though). The fastest Pentium available today is a 166 MHz.
> There is, however a 180 Mhz Mac clone available, and Motorola is sampling
> a 250 Mhz 604e chip. Besides, PC's are crippled by the fact that their
> software is not optimized for the Pentium. Remember, it still has to run on
> an old '386. 
======================================================================
Sorry, there friends I meant to write '286, not 386. Forgive my faulty
memory. Getting old, you know!

George Graves
=======================================================================
>Even if the Pentium Pro and the PowerPC chip were equal (which
> they are not. The 604 PowerPC chip is faster at any given clock speed), the
> Mac would (and does) win the speed contest because Mac software is NATIVE
> RISC code, and not crotch-hobbled to run on some old, obsolete processor
> that isn't made anymore.
> 
> 6) Opinions are like rectal apertures, everybody has one.
> 
> You'd be surprised. Apple makes award winning servers, and they sell lots
> of them. They have about 17% of the server market, I believe. most servers
> are Unix machines like Suns and HPs. Wintel machines have 12%.
> 
> So, Mr. "WeaponX". Your shooting score isn't very good. Out of 8 "facts"
> you have 6 clean misses, 1 incomprehensible statement, and a a personal
> unsubstantiated (and unsubstantiatable) opinion. Nice try.
> 
> George Graves


From gmgraves@aimnet.com Sat Jun  1 21:21:44 PDT 1996
Article: 103246 of alt.2600
Path: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca!news.island.net!news.bctel.net!imci2!imci4!newsfeed.internetmci.com!swrinde!elroy.jpl.nasa.gov!decwrl!ablecom!ns2.mainstreet.net!ns1.aplatform.com!news.aimnet.com!news
From: George Graves 
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,alt.binaries.warez.mac,alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc,alt.2600,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.flame,comp.os.msdos.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.sys.intel,alt.mac.games,alt.sources.mac,comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac,comp.sys.mac.games.action,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,alt.sys.mac
Subject: Re: The truth about Macintosh!!!
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 12:43:21 -0700
Organization: Aimnet Information Services
Lines: 25
Message-ID: <31AF4BD9.324A@aimnet.com>
References: <4lh4ok$56t@daily-planet.execpc.com>  <4lp468$n8@news3.cts.com> <31826EDB.13A6@tdl.com> <3183F524.39F9@ix.netcom.com> <31843A99.57AF@islandnet.com>  <31859380.2179525@news.interlog.com> <4m51sl$1js@bigboote.WPI.EDU>   <4mj73f$jcl@s-cwis.unomaha.edu> <318E5698.3545@advantage.com> <4nh2da$4aj@new-news.cc.brandeis.e 
NNTP-Posting-Host: dial-pa1-14.iway.aimnet.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (Macintosh; I; PPC)
Xref: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:92207 alt.binaries.warez.mac:4924 alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc:39214 alt.2600:103246 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:64281 alt.flame:13205 comp.os.msdos.misc:35230 comp.sys.intel:51460 alt.sources.mac:2396 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:4904 comp.sys.mac.games.action:4206 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:4048 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:2654

Kendall P. O'Donald wrote:
> 
> > AntiChrist wrote:
> >
> > In article <31a8dde3.2728691@news.u-net.com>, morris@l18.u-net.com wrote:
> 
>          (Lots of pure bunk about Macintosh deleted to save bandwidth.)
> 
>           To wit, George Graves , in part, wrote:
> 
> > ...  (P.C.'s are great for games though!!!)
> 
>           I don't think so.
> 
>           The one that was given to me to use is serving life as a boat
>           anchor.
> 
>           -Kendall

Just to set the record straight. I did not say that. I wouldn't use a PC (or a Mac)
for games because I don't play games on the computer, to me the computer is 
a tool to be used for work. The only recreation I use my computer (Mac) for is
to surf the internet, and get involved in stupid NG threads like this one.

George Graves


From gmgraves@aimnet.com Mon Jun  3 13:54:20 PDT 1996
Article: 103357 of alt.2600
Path: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca!news.island.net!news.bctel.net!imci2!news.internetMCI.com!imci4!newsfeed.internetmci.com!news.exodus.net!news.aimnet.com!news
From: George Graves 
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,alt.binaries.warez.mac,alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc,alt.2600,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.folklore.computers,alt.flame,comp.os.msdos.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.sys.intel,alt.mac.games,alt.sources.mac,comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac,comp.sys.mac.games.action,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,alt.sys.mac
Subject: Re: The truth about Macintosh!!!
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1996 15:38:00 -0700
Organization: Aimnet Information Services
Lines: 112
Message-ID: <31B217C8.7B5@aimnet.com>
References: <4lh4ok$56t@daily-planet.execpc.com>  <4lp468$n8@news3.cts.com> <31826EDB.13A6@tdl.com> <3183F524.39F9@ix.netcom.com> <31843A99.57AF@islandnet.com>  <31859380.2179525@news.interlog.com> <4m51sl$1js@bigboote.WPI.EDU>   <4mj73f$jcl@s-cwis.unomaha.edu> <318E5698.3545@advantage.com> <4nh2da$4aj@new-news.cc.brandeis.edu> <31A28A1E.3E3B@uni.massey.ac.nz> <4o2c84$dgm@atlas.uniserve.com> <4o3k52$d5o@castle.nando.net> <31A870C1.721A@pacbell.net>  <31a8dde3.2728691@news.u-net.com>  <31ABF4C8.7B62@aimnet.com> <4ohn6m$5d9@news.interlog.com> <4oimbg$pjc@news.monmouth.com>  <31B10ECC.7DBE@direct.ca>
NNTP-Posting-Host: dial-cup1-23.iway.aimnet.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (Macintosh; I; PPC)
To: MarsKat 
Xref: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:92252 alt.binaries.warez.mac:4959 alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc:39256 alt.2600:103357 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:64330 alt.folklore.computers:83991 alt.flame:13370 comp.os.msdos.misc:35272 comp.sys.intel:51510 alt.sources.mac:2437 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:4957 comp.sys.mac.games.action:4247 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:4087 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:2693

MarsKat wrote:
> 
> Eric Granick wrote:
> >
> > In article <4oimbg$pjc@news.monmouth.com>, dng@monmouth.com (WeaponX) wrote:
> >
> > >         All this talk about Macintoshs and PC's has pulled me in. Over my many
> > > years of crusing the NET, I have made some discoveries. Please keep in
> > > mind that this is my opinion and it is that "IBM'S ARE SUPERIOR TO
> > > MACINTOSHS IN ALL WAYS." You have to admit, their speed and power
> > > snubs Macs' into the ground.
> > >
> > > Reasoning:
> > > 1) General Rule: More software is produced for PC than any other
> > > computers
> >
> > There are more cockroaches than humans in the world. So now you want to be
> > a COCKROACHE!
> 
> Thank you very much, I own a PC, but I am NOT a cockroach!!!!
> 
> > > 2) Macintoshs are usually in schools (implied message: free way of
> > > advertsing)
> >
> > Microsoft is giving away free software to schools. I wonder why they are
> > doing that? To sell more WINTEL's!
> 
> Don't you get it?  Free hardware.  Free software.  Remeber Pepsi's deal
> with Canadian highschools?
> 
> > > 3) PC's are in rapid upgrades (people are paying more attention to IBM
> > > than that stupid apple)
> >
> > Of course! PC's start out as inferrior systems.
> Personally I think the apple is cute and colourfull.  PC's are not
> inferior.
> IF
> >and a big if at that
> they are inferior.  How?
> >
> > > 4) WAREZ (who is it for PC or MAC: PC!)
> >
> > PC's The coice of the criminal element!
> 
> I don't have record.  What's so criminal about a PC?  Are all the hacker
> using PC's because they find they are better?
=======================================================================
"Warez" is jargon for pirated software. I.E. anybody using "warez" or promoting
it's use, is, by definition, in criminal violation of the law.


George Graves
=======================================================================

> 
> > > > 5) Speed: MACs are chug, chug, chug, chug
> >
> > Windows: select icon. Hard drive THRASHES for a minute. Splash screen
> > appears. Hard drive THRASHES for a minute. rogram compleates loading.
> 
> I thought we were talking about hardware not software.  Windows is PC
> software.  Windows: click icon.  funny little cursor appears. screen
> changes colour. way cool screen.  program completes load.   A hard drive
> can not thrash.  Thrashing involves actually movement.  I have never
> seen a computer dance.
> 
> > WHAT WAS THAT AGAIN? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THIS DAMN HARD DRIVE! )
> 
> that sound you hear is pretty pleasing to the ear. and it's not loud
> >
> > > PC are now moving faster than anything, at 200MHz, I'd say there were
> > > pretty fast
> >
> > That's equivelant to a 604e 180Mhz!
> >
> > > 6) Overall OPINION: MAC SUCK!
> >
> > PC's SUCK! WIINNNDDDDOOOOOZZZZZZEEEEEEE 95 SUCKS LONGER!
> > >
> My opinion and maybe the opinion of us who think both Mac and PC are
> great machines:  PC and Mac both rule.
> 
> > > Golden Rule: You might think that all IBM suck, well I have something
> > > for you. What do you think your Internet Server is running a crappy
> > > MAC???? Plan and simple!
> > >
> > >                 WeaponX
> >
> > Last time I checked Servers mostly ran UNIX!
> >
> > --
> > Eric Granick
> > egranick@ee.net
> >
> 
> Argh!!! Can't you people live with the fact that there are two major
> types of computers?!!!! Macintosh and PC's?  Is your life so boring that
> you must debate the which is better?
> >this is meant as no offense
> We already have racism in our world why have compuism?
> If you EVEN try to flame me, this little kitty is gonna crash your
> system.
> 
> --
> MarsKat
> /\__/\
>  0  0
>  ==o==
> A total X-Phile!!!
> "Everything I do is either illegal, fattening, or unethical"
> "Life is hard.....Compared to what?"
> "Mulder?"  "Scully.  I think you should see this."


From gmgraves@aimnet.com Mon Jun  3 13:54:21 PDT 1996
Article: 103366 of alt.2600
Path: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca!news.island.net!news.bctel.net!newsfeed.direct.ca!op.net!bofh.dot!magoo!ceas.rochester.edu!hood.cc.rochester.edu!rochester!cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu!bb3.andrew.cmu.edu!newsfeed.pitt.edu!scramble.lm.com!news.math.psu.edu!chi-news.cic.net!newsfeed.internetmci.com!howland.reston.ans.net!math.ohio-state.edu!uwm.edu!lll-winken.llnl.gov!ames!bart.starnet.com!ns2.mainstreet.net!ns1.aplatform.com!news.aimnet.com!news
From: George Graves 
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,alt.binaries.warez.mac,alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc,alt.2600,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.folklore.computers,alt.flame,comp.os.msdos.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.sys.intel,alt.mac.games,alt.sources.mac,comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac,comp.sys.mac.games.action,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,alt.sys.mac
Subject: Re: PPC vs Pentium Pro Read it and weap
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 1996 15:23:47 -0700
Organization: Aimnet Information Services
Lines: 58
Message-ID: <31B0C2F3.2F7F@aimnet.com>
References: <4lh4ok$56t@daily-planet.execpc.com>  <4lp468$n8@news3.cts.com> <31826EDB.13A6@tdl.com> <3183F524.39F9@ix.netcom.com> <31843A99.57AF@islandnet.com>  <31859380.2179525@news.interlog.com> <4m51sl$1js@bigboote.WPI.EDU>   <4mj73f$jcl@s-cwis.unomaha.edu> <318E5698.3545@advantage.com> <4nh2da$4aj@new-news.cc.brandeis.e
Xref: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:92261 alt.binaries.warez.mac:4966 alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc:39263 alt.2600:103366 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:64339 alt.folklore.computers:84000 alt.flame:13385 comp.os.msdos.misc:35281 comp.sys.intel:51520 alt.sources.mac:2446 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:4966 comp.sys.mac.games.action:4256 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:4096 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:2702

du> <31A28A1E.3E3B@uni.massey.ac.nz> <4o84m4$pre@goodnews.voicenet.com>  <4olgv8$ki0@dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: dial-pa1-19.iway.aimnet.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (Macintosh; I; PPC)
Xref: cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:155566 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:128906 comp.os.msdos.misc:66755 comp.sys.intel:93194 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:6447 comp.sys.mac.games.action:25328 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:15899 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:10732

Vadim Levitin wrote:
> 
> >:>The PowerPC prcessor and Mac architecture is a far better
> >:>combination that the Pentium PRO bullshit chipset combo
> >:>that we see in the IBM PC architecture.  So that ends that
> >:>argument.
> >:>
> >:>Matt.
> 
> Why do you people play these stupid Mac vs. PC games?
> If you're going to argue about something, then do it about
> how the OS are/aren't easy to use for *YOU*, but don't
> get into architecture of the processor or bus, because you
> don't know what you're talking about.  Everyone keeps
> acting like it's still Apple vs. IBM.  It is the incompetence of
> Apple vs. the marketing savvy and raw power of Microsoft.
> And I've gotta tell you, Windows NT may not be designed
> for the average idiot, but Win95 is, and has reached a
> wonderful middle-ground between leading edge features,
> ease of implementation, and being open enough for actual
> users, and not some pansies that open Word once a month,
> to finally have a complete operating system.  As for the PowerPC,
> who cares if the damn chip costs less than half to build than a
> comprable Pentium?  It sure as hell doesn't affect the actual buyer,
> who can buy a Pentium @ 100MHz for about $1300 in a complete
> system.  And by the way, the 620 is a huge ass flop.  This thing
> was supposed to take on DEC's Alpha chips in the high-end
> server and rendering market, but it can't even hold it's own
> against a freakin' P6, not even in floating-point math, something
> Motorola has had an advantage in since the 6502 and then
> the 68000.  I like the Mac, always have, but considering the
> current options, it doesn't even have a reason to be around.


Then you are lying. You don't like Macs. 
You don't think Macs have any reason to be around? I'll give you 10.

1) Macs are still MUCH easier to learn and use than Win95.
2) Mac PnP works always, Win95 PnP works when it feels like it.
3) Mac is more expandable than a PC because its slots aren't filled with
     stuff like floppy controllers, HD controllers, video boards, Soundblasters
     etc.
4) Mac are more productive yhan PCs (study after study show this to be true).
5) Current Macs run most software faster than a PC.
6) Third party productivity software is more elegant on a Mac than on a PC.
7) Macs are cheaper to maintain over the life of the system than are PCs.
8) Mac Hardware integrates into the computer better than PC hardware.
9) Macs can run two or more CONTIGUOUS monitors. PCs can't.
10) Macs can be purchased without getting another cheap VGA monitor and a
       lousy, mushy keyboard every time you upgrade. Every ad I see for a Pentium
       is for a complete system. I have a lovely 2 page Sony Trinitron monitor, 
       why would I want another cheap 13" VGA? I have an expensive Datadesk
       Keyboard. Why would I want another $10 mush muffin?

But most important: WHO IS GOING TO INNOVATE FOR THE PERSONAL COMPUTER
IF THE MAC GOES AWAY? Microsoft? Don't hold yor breath.

George Graves


From gmgraves@aimnet.com Mon Jun  3 13:54:22 PDT 1996
Article: 103388 of alt.2600
Path: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca!news.island.net!news.bctel.net!kryten.awinc.com!laslo.netnet.net!en.com!op.net!bofh.dot!magoo!ceas.rochester.edu!hood.cc.rochester.edu!rochester!cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu!bb3.andrew.cmu.edu!newsfeed.pitt.edu!scramble.lm.com!news.math.psu.edu!news.cac.psu.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!math.ohio-state.edu!uwm.edu!lll-winken.llnl.gov!ames!bart.starnet.com!ns2.mainstreet.net!ns1.aplatform.com!news.aimnet.com!news
From: George Graves 
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,alt.binaries.warez.mac,alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc,alt.2600,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.folklore.computers,alt.flame,comp.os.msdos.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.sys.intel,alt.mac.games,alt.sources.mac,comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac,comp.sys.mac.games.action,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.video,alt.sys.mac
Subject: Re: PPC vs Pentium Pro Read it and weap
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 1996 15:24:44 -0700
Organization: Aimnet Information Services
Lines: 58
Message-ID: <31B0C32C.1CB6@aimnet.com>
References: <4lh4ok$56t@daily-planet.execpc.com>  <4lp468$n8@news3.cts.com> <31826EDB.13A6@tdl.com> <3183F524.39F9@ix.netcom.com> <31843A99.57AF@islandnet.com>  <31859380.2179525@news.interlog.com> <4m51sl$1js@bigboote.WPI.EDU>   <4mj73f$jcl@s-cwis.unomaha.edu> <318E5698.3545@advantage.com> <4nh2da$4aj@new-news.cc.brandeis.e
Xref: nizkor.almanac.bc.ca comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:92279 alt.binaries.warez.mac:4985 alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc:39276 alt.2600:103388 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:64358 alt.folklore.computers:84019 alt.flame:13414 comp.os.msdos.misc:35300 comp.sys.intel:51538 alt.sources.mac:2464 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:4984 comp.sys.mac.games.action:4274 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:4114 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:2720

du> <31A28A1E.3E3B@uni.massey.ac.nz> <4o84m4$pre@goodnews.voicenet.com>  <4olgv8$ki0@dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: dial-pa1-19.iway.aimnet.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (Macintosh; I; PPC)
Xref: cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy:155567 comp.sys.mac.advocacy:128907 comp.os.msdos.misc:66756 comp.sys.intel:93195 comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac:6448 comp.sys.mac.games.action:25329 comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage:15900 comp.sys.mac.hardware.video:10733

Vadim Levitin wrote:
> 
> >:>The PowerPC prcessor and Mac architecture is a far better
> >:>combination that the Pentium PRO bullshit chipset combo
> >:>that we see in the IBM PC architecture.  So that ends that
> >:>argument.
> >:>
> >:>Matt.
> 
> Why do you people play these stupid Mac vs. PC games?
> If you're going to argue about something, then do it about
> how the OS are/aren't easy to use for *YOU*, but don't
> get into architecture of the processor or bus, because you
> don't know what you're talking about.  Everyone keeps
> acting like it's still Apple vs. IBM.  It is the incompetence of
> Apple vs. the marketing savvy and raw power of Microsoft.
> And I've gotta tell you, Windows NT may not be designed
> for the average idiot, but Win95 is, and has reached a
> wonderful middle-ground between leading edge features,
> ease of implementation, and being open enough for actual
> users, and not some pansies that open Word once a month,
> to finally have a complete operating system.  As for the PowerPC,
> who cares if the damn chip costs less than half to build than a
> comprable Pentium?  It sure as hell doesn't affect the actual buyer,
> who can buy a Pentium @ 100MHz for about $1300 in a complete
> system.  And by the way, the 620 is a huge ass flop.  This thing
> was supposed to take on DEC's Alpha chips in the high-end
> server and rendering market, but it can't even hold it's own
> against a freakin' P6, not even in floating-point math, something
> Motorola has had an advantage in since the 6502 and then
> the 68000.  I like the Mac, always have, but considering the
> current options, it doesn't even have a reason to be around.


Then you are lying. You don't like Macs. 
You don't think Macs have any reason to be around? I'll give you 10.

1) Macs are still MUCH easier to learn and use than Win95.
2) Mac PnP works always, Win95 PnP works when it feels like it.
3) Mac is more expandable than a PC because its slots aren't filled with
     stuff like floppy controllers, HD controllers, video boards, Soundblasters
     etc.
4) Mac are more productive than PCs (study after study show this to be true).
5) Current Macs run most software faster than a PC.
6) Third party productivity software is more elegant on a Mac than on a PC.
7) Macs are cheaper to maintain over the life of the system than are PCs.
8) Mac hardware integrates into the computer better than PC hardware.
9) Macs can run two or more CONTIGUOUS monitors. PCs can't.
10) Macs can be purchased without getting another cheap VGA monitor and a
       lousy, mushy keyboard every time you upgrade. Every ad I see for a Pentium
       is for a complete system. I have a lovely 2 page Sony Trinitron monitor, 
       why would I want another cheap 13" VGA? I have an expensive Datadesk
       Keyboard. Why would I want another $10 mush muffin?

But most important: WHO IS GOING TO INNOVATE FOR THE PERSONAL COMPUTER
IF THE MAC GOES AWAY? Microsoft? Don't hold yor breath.

George Graves



Home ·  Site Map ·  What's New? ·  Search Nizkor

© The Nizkor Project, 1991-2012

This site is intended for educational purposes to teach about the Holocaust and to combat hatred. Any statements or excerpts found on this site are for educational purposes only.

As part of these educational purposes, Nizkor may include on this website materials, such as excerpts from the writings of racists and antisemites. Far from approving these writings, Nizkor condemns them and provides them so that its readers can learn the nature and extent of hate and antisemitic discourse. Nizkor urges the readers of these pages to condemn racist and hate speech in all of its forms and manifestations.