The Nizkor Project: Remembering the Holocaust (Shoah)

Shofar FTP Archive File: people/b/bouthillier.arthur/1994/alb.0994



Archive/File: people/b/bouthillier.arthur alb.0994
Last-Modified: 1995/01/09

Article 8959 of alt.skinheads:
Path: oneb!hakatac!nntp.cs.ubc.ca!newsxfer.itd.umich.edu!gumby!yale!yale!yale.edu!spool.mu.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!math.ohio-state.edu!usc!nic-nac.CSU.net!clstac!aelebouthill
From: aelebouthill@csupomona.edu
Newsgroups: alt.skinheads
Subject: Re: Racial equality club formed at my U
Date: 26 Sep 94 08:43:38 PST
Organization: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Lines: 42
Distribution: world
Message-ID: <1994Sep26.084338@clstac>
References: <20SEP94.16649193.0062@IBM.UTM.EDU>  <22SEP94.16103183.0024@IBM.UTM.EDU> <362kh9$kla@nnrp.ucs.ubc.ca>
NNTP-Posting-Host: pinto.is.csupomona.edu

In article <362kh9$kla@nnrp.ucs.ubc.ca>, jacob@unixg.ubc.ca (Jacob Krarup)
writes:
 
> 	Of course it does.  Why do you lump a bunch of different 
> ethnicities into "white"?  If you say that they've all mixed in America 
> I'll have to answer "yes they have", but then they've also mixed with 
> "non-white+ ethnicities as well which kinda defeats the argument.

No, you have it all wrong. The fact is that there is a culture of people
who identify themselves as White. That culture has been long-lived both
in Europe and in North America. My racial brethren live throughout Europe,
North America and Australia and some of them are direct relatives of mine.
I have more "blood" in common with others throughout Europe than I have
with those in America (because of more recent blood relations). However,
this all misses the point that there is a culture of people who identify
themselves as White. That does not discount sub-loyalties to one's heritage
but for me and many of the people I associate with, being White is our
highest loyalty (actually the maintenance and promotion of a society based
on promoting White society).

 
> 	Guffaw.
> 	Ok.  It was a give and take situation.  "White" and "Black"
> cultures exchanged certain aspects for the benefit of all.  See, cultural 
> mixing brings about good things...
 
Sometimes adapting ideas from another culture can be beneficial but not
always.
 
> 	...and American culture is a mixture of "White", "Yellow", "Black" 
> and "Red" culture.

So? That doesn't have to mean that I have to want to have anything to do
with "Yellow," "Black," or "Red" people. It is to our benefit to borrow
anything that benefits us. However, the inclusion of non-White peoples
does not benefit us since it violates the very premise of White society,
that is to say, the promotion of the White race as a distinct social and
racial group.

Arthur LeBouthillier
The White Race must survive



Article 8960 of alt.skinheads:
Path: oneb!hakatac!nntp.cs.ubc.ca!unixg.ubc.ca!news.mic.ucla.edu!library.ucla.edu!csulb.edu!nic-nac.CSU.net!clstac!aelebouthill
From: aelebouthill@csupomona.edu
Newsgroups: alt.skinheads
Subject: Re: Racial equality club formed at my U
Date: 26 Sep 94 08:53:17 PST
Organization: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Lines: 38
Distribution: world
Message-ID: <1994Sep26.085317@clstac>
References: <20SEP94.16649193.0062@IBM.UTM.EDU>  <22SEP94.16103183.0024@IBM.UTM.EDU> 
NNTP-Posting-Host: pinto.is.csupomona.edu

In article , steph@wimsey.com (Stephanie Smith) writes:
> In article <22SEP94.16103183.0024@IBM.UTM.EDU>, Sylvia Rowe
>  wrote:
 
> No. Culture isn't inherent. It's a construct.

As is everything you believe.   

>> Sorry, but you're wrong. White culture is a mixture of all European
>> cultures. 
> 
> You mean "muck culture"? And I thought all this mixing made mongrels. Tsk.
 
No, not "much culture." The fact is that all European cultures have their
basis in a common root (Aryan or Indo-European). I might suggest that you
look for a book entitled _Indo-European_Society_and_Culture. It outlines
the basis of ancient Indo-European/Aryan culture and I can see many customs
and outlooks which are common among the various European cultures today.
 
> "Whites have no culture" and "there's no such thing as white culture" are
> statements with two different meanings. These meanings depend on different
> interpretations of the word "culture", which is one of the most complex
> and contested ideas in the English language -- so it doesn't surprise me
> that you're having some difficulty with it.

It has been shown that the very concept of race is a cultural term. Hence,
the fact that all European people's use the term to describe their common
affinity is proof of the commonality of culture. The fact is that culture
is a body of symbols and normatives about their relations which a body of
people hold. I can speak of White identity and culture with people from
any of the European countries and we understand each other whether it is
someone like Zhirinovsky in Russia, a German, Swede, Frenchman, Britain
or Celt. White culture exists despite the fact that people like you would
prefer to destroy it by denying that it exists.

Arthur LeBouthillier
The White Race must survive



Home ·  Site Map ·  What's New? ·  Search Nizkor

© The Nizkor Project, 1991-2012

This site is intended for educational purposes to teach about the Holocaust and to combat hatred. Any statements or excerpts found on this site are for educational purposes only.

As part of these educational purposes, Nizkor may include on this website materials, such as excerpts from the writings of racists and antisemites. Far from approving these writings, Nizkor condemns them and provides them so that its readers can learn the nature and extent of hate and antisemitic discourse. Nizkor urges the readers of these pages to condemn racist and hate speech in all of its forms and manifestations.