The Nizkor Project: Remembering the Holocaust (Shoah)

Shofar FTP Archive File: camps/auschwitz/crematoria/peepholes-in-doors

From Sat Aug 24 09:12:25 PDT 1996
Article: 59354 of alt.revisionism
From: (Mark Van Alstine)
Newsgroups: alt.revisionism
Subject: Re: gassing evidence bears interest
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 17:07:38 -0800
Organization: rbi software systems
Lines: 131
References: <4u3gqb$> <4uheoq$>  <4ujifm$>  <4v061p$> <4v5063$>  <4vd8e1$> <4vivsi$>
X-Newsreader: Yet Another NewsWatcher 2.0.5b5

In article <4vivsi$>, Jean-Francois Beaulieu  wrote:

> (Miloslav Bilik) wrote:
> >
> > (Mark Van Alstine) wrote:
> > 
> > >In article <4v5063$>, Jean-Francois Beaulieu
> > 
> > >> (Miloslav Bilik) wrote:
> > >> >
> > >> 
> > >> > Some questions: what could be the use of a sealed door and especially
> > >> > of a judas hole in the door of a morgue ? and why did the Germans
> > >> > study (and ever command a heating system) for these morgues ?
> > >> > 
> > >> 
> > >>  Faurisson's opinion is that it was frequent to protect buildings
> > >>  from an evetual bombardment with sealed doors. 
> > 
> > >Interesting, then, that _only_ the entrances to the delousing and
> > >homicidal gas chambers had such doors while the rest of the entrnaces to
> > >buildings in the camp did not, yes? Mr. Faurisson's "opinion" on this is
> > >absurd. 
> > 
> > It's indeed interesting, but what was the use of the judas hole ? to
> > see if the planes were gone ?
> > 
>  Again, the only explanation I have on that is from the same review,
>  page 103: here Faurisson refer to page 456 of A.T.O. where Pressac
>  show is 34 criminal proof, another gas tight door with a juda whole
>  and the door is literally mention in German as a 'gas chamber door'


Mr. Beaulieu, if this is your "only explination" I suggest that you might
consider re-thinking your position. "34 criminal proof [sic]" is NOT about
a "another gas tight door with a juda [sic] whole" but about the FITTINGS
for such a gas-tight door:

"34. Die Beschla"ge zu 1 Tu"r mit Rahmen, luftdicht mit Spion fu"r
Gaskammer/ The fitting for 1 door with frame, air tight with peephoile for
gas chamber..." 

The translation of this order reads:


28/5/43 No. 459. Disinfestaion Chamber Auschwitz concentration camp [i.e.
main camp, NOT Birkenau]

1. Fittings for one door and frame, air-tight with peephole for gas chamber.
2. Lath door. Capo Ku"hne knows about this.
Administration V 4 Order No 158/2 and 2a of 25th January 1943.
Operative: Mirek. Competed: 10/6/43.


And what is Pressac's comment in regards to this? 

"...The order has nothing to do with the Birkenau Krematorien, but was
destined for one of the disinfestation gas chambers of the main camp,
probably the one in Block 1.

"The text of this order was used by R. Faurisson in his little work
<> [page 80, Second (enlarged) Edition,
La Vielle Taupe, 1982] in his argument aimed at demonstrating that the

"This document is not part of the incriminating evidence but is presented
simply to show the care that must be taken in using the origional
documents. (_Technique_, p.456.) 

What this shows, Mr. Beaulieu, is that Mr. Faurisson was busy constructing
a strawman to knock down, as are you, instead having the integrity to
pursue the truth. 

This, of course, brings up the issue of what _exactly_ is the difference
between such a gas-tight door with peephole for a disinfestation gas
chamber and a gas-tight door with a poeephole for a homicidal gas-chamber?

Here, of course, is where it pays to delve into the details regarding the
gas chambers in Pressac's _Techinque_:

Referenceinng Photos 14 and 15 (Ibid. p.456) of the gas-tight door of the
Kanada I delousing gas chamber, it can be easily seen that it too has a
peephole. This door, in all fuctional respects, is identical to the ones
installed in the homicidal gas chambers of the Birkenau Krematorien.
Documents 11, 12, and 13 (Ibid. p.486) show photos of a gas-tight door
with peephole found in the Auschwitz Bauhof. It is identical to the
gas-tight door of the Kanada I delousing gas chamber in all but _one_
respect: There is a hemisperical wire grid on the _gas-chamber side_ of
the door protecting the peephole.  

This, of course, fits perfectly with the description of the gas-tight door
used in Krema II, as given by Henryk Tauber:

"...It was a wooden door, made of two layers of short pieces of wood
arranged like parquet. Between these layers there was a single sheet of
material sealing the edges of the door [3] and the rabbets of the frame
were also fitted with sealing strips of felt. At about head height for an
averge man this door had a round glass peephole [see Document 11]. On the
other side of the door, i.e. on the gas chamber side, this opening was
protected by a hemisperical grid [see Documents 12 and 13]. This grid was
fitted because the people in the gas chamber, feeling they were going to
die, used to break the glass of the peephole. But the grid still did not
provide sufficent protection and similar incidents recurred. The opening
was blocked with a piece of metal or wood...." (Ibid. p.483.) 

>  However, I don't find really extraordinnary the fact that a door,
>  wether it is for an appartment, a house, a morturaty or a delousing
>  facility as a juda hole or a window. Some doors have it, some other not.

With a hemisperical grid protecting the peephole on the _inside_ because
the people _inside_ kept breaking the glass? Mr. Beaulieu, you are
stretching credulity beyond the breaking point here with your failed
defense of Faurisson's (and your) asburd rationlizations.


"Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes 
not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties--but
right through every human heart--and all human hearts." 

-- Alexander Solzhenitsyn, "The Gulag Archipelago"

Home ·  Site Map ·  What's New? ·  Search Nizkor

© The Nizkor Project, 1991-2012

This site is intended for educational purposes to teach about the Holocaust and to combat hatred. Any statements or excerpts found on this site are for educational purposes only.

As part of these educational purposes, Nizkor may include on this website materials, such as excerpts from the writings of racists and antisemites. Far from approving these writings, Nizkor condemns them and provides them so that its readers can learn the nature and extent of hate and antisemitic discourse. Nizkor urges the readers of these pages to condemn racist and hate speech in all of its forms and manifestations.